When buying a new appliance, it is very normal for us to be assailed by a thousand doubts. How not! In its specification sheet there is a lot of information that we may not know. For this reason, today we want to talk to you about the one that, a priori, does not sound like Chinese to us, but usually we do not really know what it means: the noise levels of household appliances . What does each value mean? We tell you.
These are the noise levels of household appliances according to the decibel scale
Follow this little guide to find out if your appliances are going to be really quiet or if it can even be dangerous to your health.
- 0dB: Absolute silence. You can sleep with it.
- 0 to 10 dB: Almost imperceptible sound level (for example, human breathing at rest). You can sleep with it.
- 10 to 20 dB: Very low level of sound (for example, whispers). You can sleep with it.
- 20 to 30 dB: This is a very low noise level (for example, library room). You can sleep with it.
- 30 dB to 40 dB: Low noise (for example, a conversation enters this threshold).
- 40 dB to 50 dB: Medium noise (for example, an office).
- From 50 dB to 60 dB: Medium – high noise (for example, the television is usually set to this decibel threshold).
- 60 dB to 70 dB: Loud sound level (for example, a telephone ringing).
- From 70 dB to 80 dB: Very high noise level. This is where we must begin to be careful, since according to experts from 75 dB noise is already considered dangerous (for example, shouting).
- From 80 dB to 90 dB: Intense noise level that becomes harmful when it occurs for a long time (for example, ambulance sirens).
- From 90 dB to 100 dB: Very high noise level, with hearing damage if the person is exposed for a long time (for example, ambulance sirens at close range).
- From 100 dB to 120 dB: Sound level that poses a risk (for example, the noise of a concert).
- From 120 dB to 180 dB: Very dangerous. It can be painful and cause hearing problems (for example, the launch of a spaceship).
- Levels above 180 dB: Such a high noise level can cause death.